From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: page sequence question
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:33:54 GMT
Mario,

FOP does validate XSL-FO when strict validation is turned on: see
strict-validation parameter at [1].
If  this is not the case for the force-page-count property, that should
be considered as a FOP issue.
If this the case, you may fill in a bug with a short attached XSL-FO
testcase.

[1]
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/configuration.html#general-elements

Pascal

Mario Madunic a écrit :
> Thanks Pascal, that did the trick.
>
> Here are my new <page-sequence>s
>
> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="pageSequence_TOC" format="i" initial-page-number="auto-odd"
force-page-count="end-on-odd">...</>
> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="pageSequence_Section" format="1" initial-page-number="1"
force-page-count="end-on-odd">...</>

> I would have never been able to figure that out without help. For me at least there seems
to be a disconnect between the name of the attribute and what it is meant to do. I look at
initial-page-number and think only a number is a valid value. It's nice when FOP informs me
when I have an illegal value used in an attribute or even a misspelling of an attribute but
at the moment it doesn't seem to validate the FO. That is probably just an option I need to
turn on. If not, I'm adding a step in my ANT task to validate my FO output so I can see where
I have made an error as to its structure, especially placement of attributes.

> Once again thanks Pascal. Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Marijan (Mario) Madunic

Whenever the TOC only has enough content for a single page, it creates an even page, which
I do not want. Only to create an even page if there is enough content to flow onto a second
page. This would also be the case if there are 3 or 5 pages also.