From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: rendering of links to pdf-files on https servers
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:40:39 GMT
On 14 Mar 2010, at 19:01, Thomas Bauer wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> External links to pdf-files on http-servers and https-servers seem to
> lead to different output in fop pdf rendering, with the result that
> links to pdf-files on https are not clickable in pdf reading programs.
<snip />

> The question is whether this is the intended behaviour of fop, or a bug?
> I would prefer that clicking on all types of links leads to a download
> of the corresponding document.

This is definitely a bug.

Technically, see org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFFactory.getExternalAction().
The order of checks is currently so that, for an "http://" URL, the code generates a PDFUri
action, and for an "https://" URL ending in ".pdf" a PDFGoToRemote action...

For all other file types, "https://" will ultimately also generate a PDFUri. It's only the
PDF case where it goes wrong...