From macsma...@aol.com
Subject Re: Fonts in embedded applications
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:22:52 GMT
Martin, Thanks for tip, it did not occur to me to use the command line version to debug...

I've tried this and while my configuration appears to be acceptable, all I get with the new
font is what appear to be bullets: no text.

Here's how I'm defining the font in my config file:

It appears that FOP finds this because it is not using one of of the default fonts for the
text I'm trying to display (which is just the alphabet and numbers).

I've also inlcluded the font file.

Any suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Edge <Martin.Edge@intellimail.com.au>
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Thu, Mar 18, 2010 5:08 pm
Subject: Re: Fonts in embedded applications

In 0.95 / trunk the need for metrics is unnecessary, assuming you set the config path in your
application, it will work providing you are supplying the right font to the right renderer.

Have you tried on the command line using fop.bat to make sure your config is ok?

Thanks
Martin

On 19/03/2010, at 8:10 AM, "Pete Allison" <macsmaker@aol.com> wrote:

> Ifm trying to figure out how to make other fonts available to FOP.
>

> My current configuration:
>

> 1. FOP 0.94
>
> 2. Ifm using the servlet example code: .. op-0.94srcjavaorgapac> he opservlet
>
> 3. Building using ant.
>
> 4. Deploy the WAR file under Tomcat 6.0
>

> I know how generate the font metrics files (XML) using TTFReader.
>

> I cannot figure out how to make these available to FOP. I thought > (obviously
incorrectly) that the adding my font information to > fop.xconf (path: .. op-0.94conf)
and then rebuilding/redeploying > the WAR file would do it, but all I get are the built-in
fonts.

> Do I need to make my config file available outside the WAR file, > with the
necessary code in my servlet? If so, I think I can figure > out how to do that.