From Jussi Paju <jussi.p...@iki.fi>
Subject SVG as Form Xobjects?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:23:41 GMT
Hi all,

Before I finally switch back to PHP-based PDF generators and return using
FOP+Barcode4j only to generate vector barcodes to documents generated elsewhere,
I would just like to ask confirmation for this:

Is it really so that at the moment FOP does not handle imported SVG's even in
static areas any other way than re-importing the file again for every page
generated?

I just generated about 900 invoice pages that all share same 160Kb SVG as their
background and was stunned about the size of the resulting PDF - You do the
math. ;) When doing this properly, the file shouldn't have been more than few
megabytes maximum instead of 100+.

Br,
Jussi Paju