From Tim Landscheidt <...@tim-landscheidt.de>
Subject Re: How to embed property-like information in PDF?
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:02:17 GMT
Georg Datterl <gdatterl@geneon.de> wrote:

> What you are looking for is metadata. You can see the values in Acrobat under "Datei->Dokumenteigenschaften"
as Titel, Verfasser and Thema.

> <fo:declarations>
>   <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
>     <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
>       <rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
>         <dc:title>your title here</dc:title>
>         <dc:creator>your project name</dc:creator>
>         <dc:description>a descriptive text</dc:description>
>       </rdf:Description>
>     </rdf:RDF>
>   </x:xmpmeta>
> </fo:declarations>

Ha! That worked perfectly. I'm a bit baffled, as the FAQ
(<URI:http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-doc-properties>)
says:

| 6.5. How do I add document properties (title, author, etc.)
|      to my PDF document?

| See _PDF Post-processing_.

and the latter
(<URI:http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/output.html#pdf-postprocess>)
only deals with iText. Perhaps someone could update this
section.

Thanks,
Tim