From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: upgrade from 0.20.5 to 0.95
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:13:13 GMT
"trunk" refers to the current development code in our Subversion
repository. If you have Subversion installed, you can download the
latest source code with the repository URL given here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html#source

This page shows you how to build FOP from sources:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/compiling.html

When upgrading from 0.20.5 to 0.95 or later, please make sure you've
read: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/upgrading.html
The current FOP is more strict concerning the interpretation of the
XSL-FO specification. It could well be that you still have some odd
XSL-FO code that the old FOP would tolerate even though it might be
illegal.

On 02.04.2010 01:10:01 GangadharAthi wrote:

> Ok. thank you so much for your immediate response. When i placed 0.95 jar (
> and all xml files and required xsl files are from 0.20.5) and tried to
> generate pdf..I am successful in generating 20 pages of my pdf(except some
> missing borders and overflow of content and running into next cell in a
> table) and  getting errors for the remaining 6 pages. My older version
> generates 26 pages of pdf. If my approach is wrong..how did I generate those
> 20 pages...am i doing anything wrong...? I am in impression that I am
> proceeding good..what is this trunk...?can you please provide me with the
> information regarding trunk...??
> I really appreciate any kind of help regarding this issue....
> Thanks
> Gangadhar
>

> Eric Douglas wrote:
> >
> > You can't just replace the jar.  Did you read the web site about
> > upgrading?  0.95 is completely rewritten from 0.20.
> > I had issues at first trying to create output using 0.95 because I was
> > looking for code samples on the web which were written for 0.20 and
> > using some driver object which is no longer valid..
> > The Trunk should be an improvement over 0.95 but it doesn't have a
> > compiled format download.  You might want to try it if you know how to
> > compile it.  I have the information on how to do that but I haven't done
> > it yet myself.

Jeremias Maerki