From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject fo:table margin-left/padding-before not working with RTF
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:40:25 GMT

Hello, I'm using FOP 0.95-1.  In my RTF document I would like to pad an
entire fo:table one inch to the right.  If I apply margin-left to the
fo:table tag, it ends up padding not only the table (good) but every cell
within the table's body (bad)--they also get moved off to the right within
their cells.  (I'm not seeing this problem with PDF generation, margin-left
is properly not being inherited by child fo:table-cells.)

Is wrongful inheritance of the margin-xxx properties within RTF generation a
known issue?  I can enter a JIRA bug if helpful.

If I try padding-before instead of margin-left, FOP complains that this
property must be ignored given that I'm using the default
border-collapse="collapsed" property; if I switch to the
border-collapse="separate", the error goes away but nothing moves off to the
right.

So in the meantime, anyone know how I can move a table in a document one
inch to the right with the RTF renderer?

Thanks,
Glen