From Sergiu Dumitriu <ser...@xwiki.com>
Subject Re: Does FOP 0.95 supports Chinese Fonts?
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 19:20:24 GMT
On 04/05/2010 08:30 PM, Charanpreet Arora wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm getting the following error while trying to generate the PDF file
> containing Simplified Chinese Characters (from uming.ttf):
>
> *java.lang.RuntimeException: Character reference "&#14;" is an invalid
> XML character.*

This (&#14;) is not a Chinese character, it's a control character (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_Out ). It's either a wrong input
file, which means that the file should be checked so that no control
characters are present, or the file is read using the wrong encoding.

> Please note that I have generated the metrics file (uming.xml) for the
> same and configured it through fopConfiguration.xml before running xslt
> through FOP.

With FOP 0.95 you don't need to generate metrics files anymore, just use
the font file directly.

> Can you please guide me if I'm doing anything wrong or I'll be able to
> generate Chinese file at all using FOP 0.95?

Yes, FOP works very well with Chinese text.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/