From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: unable to insert images: no imagepreloader found
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:40:34 GMT
I also am getting the no preloader found error for any image format
other than SVG using FOP 0.95.
I used the workaround for now and inserted my image directly into my XSL
file as SVG code.
I think they said this problem is fixed in the Trunk.  Have you tried
that?
I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to compile the Trunk or
debug the error completely.  There's no compiled version for download.

________________________________

From: tgulrud [mailto:tegulrud@mmm.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 1:36 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: unable to insert images: no imagepreloader found

I am using FOP 0.95 w/ IKVM 0.42 building my FOP assembly referencing
all IKVM assemblies and recursing all jars in the FOP/lib and I get this
'No ImagePreLoader found" error when processing my fo. I have only java
version 1.6.0_17 installed on my Windows XP system. JPG and PNG do not
render. SVG does. I do receive warnings such as the following when
building the FOP assembly: Warning IKVMC0100: class
"com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec" not found Warning IKVMC0100: class
"com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGImageEncoder" not found Warning IKVMC0100:
class "com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGEncodeParam" not found Warning
IKVMC0111: emitted java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in
"org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.j
peg.JPEGImageWriter.writeImage(Ljava.awt.image.RenderedImage;Ljava.io.Ou
tputStream;Lorg.apache.batik .ext.awt.image.spi.ImageWriterParams;)V"
("com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec")

	Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:
	Glad it worked. I've never had any luck with GCJ. I've tried
running [1] FOP with it and I tried to compile a binary from FOP, both
without luck although some years ago. Since that experience I'm keeping
my fingers off GCJ and recommend to use more compliant JVMs. [1] One
major problem running FOP on a GNU Classpath based JVM (like GCJ) is the
state of its JAXP implementation. FOP is an advanced JAXP user and
triggers all sorts of bugs there. FOP even uncovered some bugs in
Xalan-J in the past some of which are still bugging me from time to time
because the Xalan versions bundled with Sun JVMs are sometimes still
buggy. Rule of thumb with FOP: always use the latest official release of
your favourite XSLT processor. On 01.10.2009 16:15:38 ruud grosmann
wrote: > Thanks Jeremias! I had both the sun version and the gij version
> installed and indeed I used gij as JAVA_CMD. Changing that to the sun
> java solves the problem. > > Does this mean that gij won't work at all
in this case or is it a > matter fine tuning the installation? > >
anyway, you saved my day! > Ruud > > On 01/10/2009, Jeremias Maerki
wrote: > > Hmm, that is usually a class loader problem. But you say
you're on > > Debian and you're running from the command-line. In that
case please > > make sure you have a Sun JDK or OpenJDK installed.
There's a good chance > > that you're currently running of GCJ or
something like that and that > > doesn't work as expected. > > > > On
01.10.2009 14:58:07 ruud grosmann wrote: > >> hi forum, > >> > >>
I hope
you can help me on this one: > >> I use fop 0.95 from the debian testing
package, kernel 2.6.26-2-686 > >> > >> I can't seem to load images with
fop, I keep getting 'no > >> imagepreloader found'. I have saved the
file in tif, png, jpg, gif > >> format and tried all those formats, but
they all give the same error. > >> Following is the output from a run
with three fo:external-image > >> elements, of which the third
references a non existing file. Just to > >> check if the first two are
found > >> > >> > >> In my fo file: > >> > >>

>> rdgon@pc002250Z fop -c fop.xconf tabel2.fo tabel2.pdf > >> > >>
1-Oct-09 2:48:08 PM org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure
> >> INFO: Default page-height set to: 11in > >> 1-Oct-09 2:48:08 PM
org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure > >> INFO: Default
page-width set to: 8.26in > >> 1-Oct-09 2:48:09 PM
org.apache.fop.fo.FONode attributeWarning > >> WARNING: Warning(128/20):
fo:table, table-layout="auto" is currently > >> not supported by FOP >
>> 1-Oct-09 2:48:09 PM org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic bind > >>
SEVERE: Image not available: No ImagePreloader found for
img/dag_icoon.gif > >> 1-Oct-09 2:48:09 PM
org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic bind > >> SEVERE: Image not
available: No ImagePreloader found for img/dag_icoon.jpg > >> 1-Oct-09
2:48:09 PM org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic bind > >> SEVERE:
Image not found: img/icoon.jpg > >> rdgon@pc002250Z > >> > >> The
same
error results from svg, tif and png image references. > >> Is there
anything I have to install to get ghis working? > >> > >> Thanks for
your help, Ruud > >> > > Jeremias Maerki