From nancy_b <nancy_br...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Log4j Woes
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 10:33:04 GMT

Hi dear Peter,

Thank you for your prompt response!!!
--First put the log4j jar in fop's lib directory

I don't have such a directory. I do have
1) /usr/bin/fop (where fop is the script)
2) /usr/share/java/fop-0.95.jar and /usr/share/java/fop.jar

--Put your log4j.xml file in the root of the fop project.
where is this exactly?

-Uncomment the following line...

I dont have such a line. Here what I have in the fop script:
#! /bin/sh
# Shell script wrapper around the fop program,
# Copyright 2008 by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org>
#
# Licensed under the same terms as fop itself, that is under
# the conditions of the Apache 2 licence.

# Include the wrappers utility script
. /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh

# comment this line if you want fop to run without headless property,
# or write a line containing
#  HEADLESS=
# in your fop configuration file.
HEADLESS=-Djava.awt.headless=true

# Load system-wide configuration, if any
if [ -f /etc/fop.conf ]; then
    . /etc/fop.conf
fi

# Load user's preferences, if any
if [ -f "$HOME/.foprc" ]; then
    . $HOME/.foprc
fi

# We prefer to use openjdk or Sun's java if available
find_java_runtime openjdk sun  || find_java_runtime

find_jars commons-io avalon-framework serializer xalan2 xml-apis
find_jars batik-all commons-logging servlet-api xercesImpl
xmlgraphics-commons
find_jars xml-apis-ext

# We load the hyphenation jar at the request of the user.
if [ "$FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH" ]; then
    find_jars $FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH
fi
find_jars fop