From Brad Smith <usernamenum...@gmail.com>
Subject keep-together.within-column with content > 1 page
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 19:02:41 GMT
Hello,

I have certain elements in my document which I would like to keep
together across pages as much as possible. I've been using the
keep-together (and keep-together.within-column) property for this, and
usually it works as expected: if printing the item on the current page
would cause it to spill over, a page-break is inserted before it.
Great. However, there are problems if the item's content is greater
than one page in length. In that case, it *still* stays on the same
page, even though that means all the content writing over its self,
resulting in gibberish.

Is there a way to have a middle-ground? What I really want is "start
on a fresh page if it will keep the item from breaking, then keep
together /if possible/".

Thanks in advance for any help people can offer.
--Brad