From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to generated PDF with MSMincho fonts
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 16:12:40 GMT
Venkat Reddy wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Venkat,

> Please ignore my previous mail, which deals with
> 'font-selection-strategy' property, not yet implemented in any of the
> FOP versions.

Ok.

> I have generated a simple example with a japanese characters in a
> block... Please find the input and output files as attachments...
>
> font configuration is as follows...

> embed-url="file:///C:/windows/fonts/msmincho.ttc" kerning="yes">
>
> I have tried with/without metrics-url property, both are resulting the
> same output...

metrics-url is the old way of doing this I believe. The best way is to
use sub-font attribute. What value did you use for sub-font? Did you
list the available fonts in the collection using the following command
to get the possible sub fonts:

java -cp
build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar;lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;lib\commons-io-1.3.1.jar

org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader msmincho.ttc msmincho.xml

This should list the fonts inside the collection.

> And the above font is installed on my machine, windows....
>
> Please help me in resolving this issue...

Thanks,

Chris