From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Wingdings, WINDINGS 2 WINGDINGS 3 and webdings
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 14:36:28 GMT
Lucian Opris wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Lucian,

> Yes, that's correct I got this error with fop0.95. I don't think I have to
> test on trunk- I need to have it work in 2 days.

Of course, you don't *have* to do anything. However, we believe it will
work with the trunk version so why not try it? You will be able to
download and compile it in less than 2 days.

> I've even tried to create the xml metric file  and it failed.
> java -classpath
> build/fop.jar:lib/avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar:lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:l
> ib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar:lib/xmlgraphics-commons-1.3.1.jar
> org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader  /nas/web/fonts/wingding.ttf
> /nas/web/fonts/wingding.xml
> TTF Reader for Apache FOP 0.95
>
> Parsing font...
> Reading /nas/web/fonts/wingding.ttf...
> Unsupported TrueType font: Unicode cmap table not present. Aborting

Yes that error is to be expected in FOP 0.95 whether creating metrics or
using the font without metrics will result in the same problem: No CMAP
table.

> Is there out a commercial version which would work? Like type 1 version.

wingding.ttf is a commercial font supplied by Microsoft. If you need an
alternative version you will need to speak to a font provider, but if
they don't have an off the shelf solution it will take more than 2 days
to develop the font.

Thanks,

Chris