From Olov Häggström <olov.haggst...@netresult.se>
Subject Re: afp printing attributes
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 09:53:11 GMT
Hi NagaSekhar,

> Hi EveryBody
>
>         I am new to Afp and now i want to use form definitions for page
> printing .plz can any body help me in writing form definitions.I have
> searched for form definitions
> FORMDEF ABCD ;
> COPYGROUP ABCD
> DUPLEX NORMAL ;
> SUBGROUP BOTH
> COPIES 1 ; please suggest me how to implement in my xsl so that i can go
> ahead with afp.

A useful link while I was experimenting with this was:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/output.html#afp-invoke-medium-map

Use the invoke-medium-map to reference a medium-map inside a form map.

To embed the form map in the afp-file (as already posted)

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/output.html#afp-form-maps

then use the invoke-tag to call the medium map.

I guess the following text (from the second link) is the answer to your question:

"Apache FOP doesn't support a way to define a form map or medium map using XML
means inside an XSL-FO document. You will have to build the form map with some
third-party tool. "

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestion on such a tool, but maybe someone else
can help you with that?

Note that this support seems to be available in FOP Trunk only.

> Thanks in advance..
> Regards
> NagaSekhar

BR