From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: How to Get Borders to Work
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:25:28 GMT
Hi Tom

Why? What should that extension do?

IMO, Craig and Eric are right. It's basically your job in XSLT to make
sure that the right properties are set, that defaults from the XSL-FO
spec and from the user agent (i.e. FOP) are overridden.

The default in XSL-FO is to have no border and you explicitely have to
enable borders by setting the border style to something other than "none".
We're implementing a standard here. Not much freedom is available there.

On 06.07.2010 19:18:06 Tom Browder wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 09:47, Amick, Eric <Eric.Amick@mail.house.gov> wrote:
> > The standard has width defaulting to medium and style to none; it leaves
> > the color up to the user agent. You could have FOP default color to
> > black, I suppose, but some user will inevitably run into problems when
> > porting the stuff to another FO processor.
>
> How about an fop extension then?
>
> -Tom

Jeremias Maerki