From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: PDF output: fragment identifier working ?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:42:44 GMT
Hi Mathieu

Hmm, that doesn't seem to be well documented.

external-destination="url(my.pdf#dest=chapter1)"
...gets you to the named destination "chapter1" in my.pdf.

external-destination="url(my.pdf#page=7)"
...gets you to page 7 in my.pdf.

Details in org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFFactory.getExternalAction(String, boolean)

Info on how to create a named destination with FOP:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/latest/extensions.html#named-destinations

On 12.07.2010 14:56:33 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   I am trying to link one PDF to another PDF. If I use the following:
>
> $ cat foo.fo
>      <fo:basic-link external-destination="bla.pdf"
> show-destination="replace">bla</fo:basic-link>
>
> Then I can open the the foo.pdf file and properly click on the 'bla'
> link. However if I try to use fragment identifier like this:
>
>      <fo:basic-link external-destination="bla.pdf#id"
> show-destination="replace">bla at index: id</fo:basic-link>
>
> Then acroread try to open a link from firefox...
>
> Could someone please let me know what is the proper syntax for linking
> to specific fragment identifier from pdf to another pdf ?
>
> Thanks !
> --
> Mathieu
> Using: fop 0.95