xmlgraphics-fop-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: FOP Intermediate Format placeholder
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:26:11 GMT
On 14.07.2010 09:11:28 Adam Kovacs wrote:
> Dear Jeremias, Georg, Chris, Craig,
> 
> thanks a lot for your answers!!!
> 
> I already thought about the "simple text marker" idea.
> I really would prefer a marker on element or attribute level because I have an already
implemented XMLFilter which would handle my placeholders.
> A text parsing would be less performant in my opinion...

I don't think it will be noticably slower than looking for an attribute
or an element.

> @Jeremias: when you say that a new extension would be difficult, do you mean impossible?
> If its possible could you give me some hints how to do this...

Difficult meaning that there are no real extension points in the current
code for this and that I don't have time right now to think about it and
to explain how to create such an extension.

> I dont want to lose the great performance of the IF just because some text parsing...
>    
> Thanks in advance!
> 
> Adam 
> 
> 
> On 13.07.2010, at 14:10, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> 
> > Adam,
> > 
> > the IF was designed to be fast and is therefore not very verbose. If you
> > need to refer to an ID, you have to use the Area Tree XML (AT) like
> > Georg said.
> > 
> > On page, page-sequence and image, the IFSerializer writes out any
> > foreign attributes (non-fo namespace) that exist in the XSL-FO. But that
> > doesn't work on blocks and such because the semantics of XSL-FO don't
> > exist in IF anymore.
> > 
> > Implementing a FOP extension on this level is going to be rather difficult.
> > 
> > As another work-around, you could do something like this:
> > 
> > <fo:block space-after="-1.2em">HERE!</fo:block>
> > 
> > You can then look for and extract the <text> element with "HERE!". The
> > -1.2em compensates for the size of the block.
> > 
> > On 13.07.2010 11:19:56 Adam Kovacs wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >> 
> >> I would need an XML element from any namespace which is not interpreted by FOP
and goes into the Intermediate Format output as it is.
> >> I want to use this element as placeholder in the FOP_IF, and in a second step
I can modify the FOP Intermediate File for my needs.
> >> 
> >> Is there an element I could use?
> >> If not how can I make a new FOP Extension which does this?
> >> 
> >> Any other suggestion how to do this are very welcome!!!
> >> 
> >> Thanks in advance!
> >> 
> >> Greetings,
> >> 
> >> Adam
> >> 
> >> Using FOP Trunk
> >> 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Jeremias Maerki
> > 
> > 
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> > 
> 




Jeremias Maerki


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org


Mime
View raw message