From shucoshuco <fgpa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Too many opened files with FOP in multithread
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:43:39 GMT

Hi everybody.

I have found the next issue working with FOP 0.94: I have a multithread
console application which starts 16 different threads. All those threads are
using FOP to generate a huge number of PDF files. After a few seconds
running, an exception is raised because there are too many opened files
(this happens in Solaris, but not in Windows). I ran lsof to point the
problem and I found that the program had opened each font file several times
(much more than 16, once a thread). I have custom fonts declared in the user
config file and it seems to be the problem.

Is there any way of closing this files for each execution? The only way I've
realised was to call the garbage collector but that decreases the
performance a lot. Shall I configure better the FOP, extend some class...?

This works fine in previous version (0.20.5) and, in fact, it was really
quickly.

Thanks a lot.

FĂ©lix.