From Red Light <skydelt...@yahoo.com>
Subject retrive a parameter in the xsl
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:47:51 GMT
Hi,

i want to obtain the pagination under this form:  Page 1 of 12
there is an interesting link in the Apache Fop FAQ http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages

but i'm having trouble to get the wanted result , in my pdf rendering class
i do the tranformation 2 times , the first time i check if there is any problem with the xsl
or the xml data then i got and generate the pdf wich is the final rendering so in the first
one i retrieve the number of pages and i use the result in the second rendering.

//setup XSLT
TransformerFactory tranFactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
Transformer aTransformer = tranFactory.newTransformer(xsltfile);
aTransformer.setParameter("page-count",nbrPages);
 aTransformer.transform(src, res);
System.out.println("getParameter : "+aTransformer.getParameter("page-count"));

it works the print print the number of pages now in my xslt

i declare a variable like:
<xsl:variable name="page-count"></xsl:variable>

and i'm trying to print it:

<xsl:value-of select="$page-count" />

but no result(i'm feeling like missing something btu what ;d?) ?

and thanks a lot