From Craig Ringer <cr...@postnewspapers.com.au>
Subject Re: FOP - Initial SAX Parser setup
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:45:33 GMT
On 5/07/2010 7:25 PM, MazZzta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a transformation via XSLT from (x)HTML to PDF output.
> I'm aware that there is a SAX parser working somewhere underlying, but
> couldn't figure out where.

If you're using code based on the examples from the documentation:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/embedding.html

... the SAX parser is being used via the XSLT engine.

If you're passing a StreamSource, the XSLT engine will construct a
suitable parser behind the scenes, giving you very little control over
what parser is used and how. If you want more control, you should
probably instantiate and pass your own SAXSource:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/sax/SAXSource.html

> [Either this question is common or it is completely absurd, I got no clue]

It's really about how to use the JAXP APIs in Java, not a question about
fop. The mailing list guidelines do suggest that if your question
involves XSLT you're asking in the wrong place, and suggest some better
places to ask.

Stack Overflow (stackoverflow.com) can be a good place to ask for help
with this sort of thing, as can various Java web forums (if you can
stand forums).

--
Craig Ringer