From Craig Ringer <cr...@postnewspapers.com.au>
Subject Re: FOP trunk error message when run from ant
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:12:08 GMT
On 07/07/10 17:18, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Craig,
>
> what you'd like is actually available. Please see:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/fonts.html#autodetect
>
> It allows to create JARs containing custom fonts which FOP will
> automatically make available.

Ah, brilliant. Thanks for the pointer - I have no idea how I missed that
when looking through the fonts docs.

BTW, the area tree post-processing approach to the vertical space
distribution problem we discussed earlier is working perfectly, with
surprisingly trivial code. I posted a cut-down version here earlier to
help anyone else with the problem.

Adding automatic house-ad insertion with a bit of intelligence to never
repeat the same house ad on a given page, put the biggest house ad in
the emptiest column, etc was also astonishingly easy.

The area tree format is IMO _really_ nice to work with for this sort of
thing. I was amazed at how easy it was.

--
Craig Ringer