From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Can Fop handle mutiple input files and name output files dynamically ?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:42:14 GMT
On 19.07.2010 21:21, soph wrote:

> I am converting all xml files in an "incoming file folder" to PDF files by
> FOP. The xml files are delivered from other applications, so I don't know
> the names of the xml. I want to name the out put pdf file as
> outputFile-TimeStamp.pdf
>
> I tried to use "Fop -xml *.xml -xsl StylesheetName.xsl -pdf
> outputFile-%date%_at_%time%.pdf" , but got
> ----------
> SEVERE: Exception
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Don't know what to do with
> 07/09/2010_at_11:48:04.50.pdf
>
> Anybody know what's the problem of my command line?  how to handle mutiple
> inputs?

The FOP command line application is designed to take a single input
file. It wont deal with multiple input files.
If you want to process the contents of a directory, you'll either
have to resort to advanced scripting (loops and all that) or you
have to use FOP as a library and write the directory scanning part
in java (see http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/embedding.html)

J.Pietschmann