From Maxime Bégnis <max...@neodoc.biz>
Subject lists label shifting
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:35:29 GMT
Hi all,

Considering this code excerpt :

<fo:list-item>
<fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
<fo:block>2.</fo:block>
</fo:list-item-label>
<fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
<fo:block>Inline graphic
<fo:external-graphic src="url(black_square.svg)"
                  width="5mm" height="auto"
                  content-width="scale-to-fit"
                  content-height="scale-to-fit" />
         some text.
</fo:block>
</fo:list-item-body>
</fo:list-item>

In the resulting PDF, the baselines of the fo:list-item-label and the
fo:list-item-body are not aligned vertically. I get something like this :

2.                 /--\
Inline graphic \__/ some text.

While I would like to get :

                    /--\
2. Inline graphic \__/ some text.

I understood from the XSL-1.1 specification that I should use the
relative-align="baseline" property on the fo:list-block. But, according
to http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html, this property is
not supported by any version of FOP.

I tried the attached test file with FOP 1.0 and 0.95 with the same result.

Does anyone knows a trick to get these baselines aligned vertically?

Thanks a lot.

Maxime Bégnis