From Fernando Israel <fernando.isr...@kognoz.com>
Subject FOP hangs
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2010 00:21:18 GMT
Hi All,

I have been using FOP for a while and have it working on a server (Fedora 9,
Java 6u11, Tomcat 5.5 and Axis 1.4).

When a run the same code in a different server (Fedora 8, Java 6u20, Tomcat
5.5 and Axis 1.4), the code simply hangs in the line

*Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, foUserAgent, out); *

The line is within a try/catch where I catch Exception. However, no
exceptions thrown.

I have tried both FOP-0.95 and FOP-1.0.

To give you a bit more information, the code is basically an axis web
service, that gets called by a client. When it reaches the line above, I
know it hangs because I have println statements before and after, and never
passes that line, and the client behaves as having got a reply -i.e.
continues its thread, but the server never sends a response back because it
hangs on that line (I see that using axis's SOAP monitor).

Any ideas what this might be ?.

The most difficult bit is the lack of exeptions being thorwn. Is like flying
blind.

Thanks very much in advance,
Fernando