From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: retrive a parameter in the xsl
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:07:03 GMT
Rather than trying to transform it twice so the second time knows the
number of pages, I found the simplest way to get the page count is to
force a page reference onto the last page.

                    </xsl:for-each>
               </xsl:for-each>
               <fo:block>
                    <xsl:attribute name="id">last-page</xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:attribute
name="position">absolute</xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:attribute name="left">0</xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:attribute name="top">0</xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:attribute name="width">0</xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:attribute name="height">0</xsl:attribute>
               </fo:block>
          </fo:flow>
Then where I want to put the last page number into my text, I put a page
number variable I made up into my text tag in the xml:

                    <xsl:for-each select="TEXT">
                         <xsl:choose>
                              <xsl:when test="VARIABLE =
'%CURRENT_PAGE%'"><fo:page-number /></xsl:when>
                              <xsl:when test="VARIABLE =
'%LAST_PAGE%'"><fo:page-number-citation ref-id="last-page"/></xsl:when>
                              <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of
select="."/></xsl:otherwise>
                         </xsl:choose>