From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: Can Fop handle mutiple input files and name output files dynamically ?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:30:48 GMT
The problem would be your date.  "07/09/2010" cannot be part of a file
name..

-----Original Message-----
From: soph [mailto:sophiezhao@mail.bcpra.ubc.ca]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:22 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Can Fop handle mutiple input files and name output files
dynamically ?

I am converting all xml files in an "incoming file folder" to PDF files
by FOP. The xml files are delivered from other applications, so I don't
know the names of the xml. I want to name the out put pdf file as
outputFile-TimeStamp.pdf

I tried to use "Fop -xml *.xml -xsl StylesheetName.xsl -pdf
outputFile-%date%_at_%time%.pdf" , but got
SEVERE: Exception
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Don't know what to do with
07/09/2010_at_11:48:04.50.pdf

Anybody know what's the problem of my command line?  how to handle
mutiple inputs?

If it is impossible to name it as TimeStamp, is there a way to name the
output pdf file the same name as the input xml?

Thanks!!