From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: Can Fop handle mutiple input files and name output files dynamically ?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:49:14 GMT
Yes, that's also illegal.
A file name cannot contain any of these characters: /\:*?"<>|
"12:35" won't work either.

If you want to use timestamps, you'll have to convert the date/time.

And as J.Pietschmann mentioned, FOP is only setup to process one xml
file into one PDF, so you'll need a Java program or a script of some
sort to loop through all the files.

-----Original Message-----
From: soph [mailto:sophiezhao@mail.bcpra.ubc.ca]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:43 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Can Fop handle mutiple input files and name output files
dynamically ?

Thanks Eric,

I remove the %date% part from my command line. so, the cmd looks like:
"Fop -xml *.xml -xsl StylesheetName.xsl -pdf outputFile-at_%time%.pdf"

Then I got a different error
"java.io.FileNotFoundException: outputFile-at_12:35:35.19.pdf <The
parameter is incorrect> "

so strange, why FOP is looking for this file? I think it is supposed to
be the generated file.