From Dominik Stadler <dominik.stad...@dynatrace.com>
Subject RE: keep-with-previous and page break
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:53:05 GMT
Hi,

I didn't think keep-with-previous would have more "power" than the end of the page. If so,
it means that I need to stop using it for now or at least implement a workaround into my generation
logic as I don't want to use trunk for (soon to be) production code. I will revisit this later
when a new release-version of FOP is available.

Thanks for the quick reply... Dominik.

________________________________
From: Georg Datterl [mailto:georg.datterl@geneon.de]
Sent: Montag, 05. Juli 2010 14:47
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: AW: keep-with-previous and page break

Hi Dominik,

Basically, you tell FOP not to insert breaks and FOP does exactly that. It always keeps your
blocks with their predecessors. If you want your content to flow to the next page, remove
the keep-with-previous. If you want breaks only between special images, remove the keep there.

If you want as many images on one page as possible, but only up to a full page height, then
get rid of your keep-with-previous, put all your content into one block, mark this block with
keep-together.within-page="5" and get FOP trunk, where integer keeps are already implemented
(a little bit).

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------