From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: Indicate Last Page
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:03:18 GMT
You can get the number of the last page by ending your fo:flow section with this:
<fo:block>
         <xsl:attribute name="id">last-page</xsl:attribute>
Then you can print the last page number inline in your text area with this:
<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="last-page"/>

All I do is print it but I would guess you could use that logic to print something based on
that?
For comparison, <fo:page-number /> gives you the current page number.
I'm not sure how you're trying to print the footer values, if you can use the fo tag at that
point.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Müller [mailto:pymote@yahoo.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:38 AM
To: fop-users xmlgraphics
Subject: Indicate Last Page

Hi there,

i need to indicate the single pages on my output pdf in the footer area:
  - if there are following pages with a "+"
  - if it's the last page with a "-"

i already posted a similar question 2 years ago and didn't receive a working hint. back then
i worked with FOP 0.20.5, so maybe something has changed meanwhile. here is the most useful
answer:

"Is this possible?

No, for various reasons. The most important one is that the processing is done in two passes.
The first pass is the XSL transformation. The elements prefixed with xsl: are instructions
for the XSLT processor, which generates an intermediate XML document consisting of elements
in the FO namespace, commonly prefixed with fo:. The FO elements are not processed by the
XSLT processor, therefore FO stuff like page numbers are not available to the XSLT processor.
In particular there is no way to check whether something is on the last page during XSLT processing.
The second pass is the formatting, done by formatting processors like FOP. At this point,
all xsl: elements are already gone, there is no xsl:if available to the FO processor.

There are some possibilities in the XSLFO standard to define limited special processing for
the last rendered page of a page sequence, unfortunately, they are not yet implemented in
FOP."

maybe with FOP 1.0?
any hints welcome ;-)