From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid PDF Created
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:10:02 GMT
Eric Douglas wrote:
> I resolved this.  After the transform I didn't close the output stream.
> Apparently that left some bytes hanging.

Hi Eric,

I'm glad you solved your corrupted PDF issue I was going to ask if had
closed the stream as a BufferedStream will hold onto a few bytes until
you either flush or close.

> I still haven't heard anything about my other problem.  Should I send to
> fop-dev when I get no response from fop-users?  I need to know why the
> code for a character &#x25A1 comes out as # in PDF when it should be
> displaying a square.  Print preview gets the square.  The font, using
> the file ltype.ttf found in the windows xp fonts folder, does appear to
> contain this character.  The Java doesn't log any messages I can see.

No, please only post to fop-dev regarding issues related to FOP internal
code. The developers monitor this list anyway and are most likely just
under time pressure on other projects.

# in the PDF normally means FOP can't find the glyph for the code point
(x25A1 in this case) Does the TTF file have a CMAP table? Could be FOP
doesn't fully understand the TTF File.

Thanks,

Chris