From Ali Shaheen <ali.n...@coeus-solutions.de>
Subject FOP taking too much memory
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:21:09 GMT
Hello all,

We are using FOP as part of a debt-collection software. Lots of letters need to be created
"in bulk" as well as "on the fly" to be sent immediately. We use FOP to generate PDF and call
FOP from our command line from our RoR application. A lot of times, FOP/Java takes too much
memory (e..g, 2GB) with only 6 letters being created. The letters are usually just 1 page
long.

What are we doing wrong? Should we use servlets rather than command line?

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Regards
Ali