From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: PCL duplex
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:55:12 GMT
FOP uses the &lnS command to enable duplex mode. But that may not be the
right command for all printers.

If you post the exact model name of the two printers, I'll download the
tech manuals and take a look. Maybe they need some special command to
actually do duplex.

You could also generate two simple duplex documents with the printers'
drivers and send them to me. That might allow me to reverse engineer the
required commands.

On 08.10.2010 12:52:17 David Hurcomb wrote:
> I would appreciate some help please.
>
> I would _really_ like to print in duplex mode.  It looks possible from
> the docs (V1.0).
>
> After trying and failing in my complicated document I went back to first
> principles and modified the example simple.fo adding the following to
> fo:root
>
> xmlns:pcl="http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/extensions/pcl"
>
> And the following to simple-page-master
>
>              master-name="duplex"
>              pcl:duplex-mode="2"
>
> Then I altered the master-reference
>
> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="duplex">
>
> and copied the fo:block enough times to roll over to 2 pages.
>
> I generated the pcl from the command line. fop -fo duplex.fo -pcl output.pcl
>
> Then I sent the PCL output to a Kyocera duplex printer and a Xerox
> duplex printer but both printers gave me 2 sheets.
>
> (Although the Kyocera seemed to run the first sheet through the duplexer
> but leave the back blank).
>
> Am I missing something.
>
> Thanks sincerely
>
> David