From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: overflow of fixed block-container
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 05:52:19 GMT
Hi Russel,

what you're looking for is essentially the flow-map feature of XSL 1.1,
I believe. That allows you to define multiple "flow regions" where
content can flow from one page to the other. Absolutely/fixed positioned
block-containers can't overflow to the next page. Only block-containers
with absolute-position="auto" (the default) can do that.

The problem: FOP doesn't implement flow-maps, yet.

- Flow Map Examples: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e7194
- fo:flow-map: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_flow-map

- fo:block-container: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_block-container
- absolute-position property: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#absolute-position
- overflow property: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#overflow
  (see description of the "repeat" value)

On 21.10.2010 01:30:08 Russell Levy wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a simple document with three block-containers, each with a fixed
> position on the page, aligned horizontally (page split into three parts).
> When the top block-container overflows, I want the overflow to go to a new
> page (with the other two areas of the page blank). Is that possible? I could
> post code if that's helpful.

Jeremias Maerki