From Tor-Einar Jarnbjo <tor-ei...@jarnbjo.name>
Subject Re: PDF/A validation
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:08:15 GMT
Am 27.10.2010 17:57, schrieb Jeremias Maerki:
>>    problem severity="warning" objectID="8" clause="p33"
>> standard="xmp">Recommended padding is not found in the XMP packet trailer
> Same as above (a writable packet implies the padding). I have not found
> any recommendation in XMP, PDF 1.4 or PDF/A-1 about this. As mentioned
> above, the recommended padding is 2-4KB which is rather large especially
> for smaller files. Maybe this could be made configurable if someone
> really wants the padding.

Hi Jeremias,

the "p33" clause in the message actually means "page 33" of the XMP
specification, and there it stated that:

"It is recommended that applications place 2 KB to 4 KB of padding
within the packet. This
allows the XMP to be edited in place, and expanded if necessary, without
overwriting existing
application data ..."

The severity is a warning, so the missing padding is not breaking PDF/A
conformance, but as you can see, it obviously violates the quoted
recommendation.

Regards,
Tor