From Frangoo <frangoo2...@yahoo.de>
Subject Difference between line-height and line-spacing !?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:23:04 GMT

Hi,

I just have a simple question / problem: Is there a difference between
line-height and line-spacing?

All documents I found in the internet say "no", are just two words for the
same thing.
But I am not sure about that. I understand it like that:
Line-height: It's the absolute and total height of the "box" around the text
Line-spacing: It's just the "distance" between the font-base-line in one
line to the font in the next line

Does someone has some experience in that?

Background: I got measurements from an Indesign-document, and Indesign is
calculating the distances between lines as "line-spacing", XSL-FO as
"line-height" - when I take the value of the measurement as line-height, I
get different results :-(

Thanks and regards,

Frangoo