From paulnnosh <anouska_stre...@hotmail.com>
Subject FOP 1.0 TIFF Image Black Pages and Poor Image Quality
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:35:45 GMT

Hi,

I'm using FOP 1.0 with Java 1.4 (I know, I know! I'm stuck with it for now).

I'm using FOP to convert XML into a CCITT T.6 compressed TIFF.

With the config file below the output TIFF files are just coloured black.

I can remove the transparent-page-background tag and that produces an image
but the quality is very very poor.

I have Imageio version 1.1 on my classpath.

My config is as follows:

<fop version="1.0">
    <source-resolution>72</source-resolution>
    <target-resolution>200</target-resolution>
    <renderers>
        <renderer mime="image/tiff">
  <transparent-page-background>true</transparent-page-background>
  <compression>CCITT T.6</compression>
</renderer>
    </renderers>
</fop>

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem is here please? Any help much
appreciated.

Many Thanks