From shucoshuco <fgpa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Concurrent issue with fonts in FOP 0.95
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:33:56 GMT

Hi there,

I'm using FOP 0.95 in a batch application that generates over four million
documents. We need it to be very fast so for each execution we open 15
threads to generate the documents. The preformance is really fantastic.

Even though we have found out the next problem. We use our own font types
and sometimes, in a little number of cases (our tests have found that around
1 document between 250), the document doesn't show our fonts. More specific,
we print documents with a barcode and in some documents it shows de code
with letters instead the barcode.

We have already found this problem with 0.20.5 but in that case we could fix
it using synchronized blocks to access to the Options object. Since in newer
versiones the fonts are managed in another way (using the setUserConfig) we
don't know how can I solve this problem.

Thanks so much.

FĂ©lix.