From David Hurcomb <david.hurc...@mpfs.org.uk>
Subject Re: PCL duplex
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 12:33:52 GMT
On 08/10/2010 12:55, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> FOP uses the&lnS command to enable duplex mode. But that may not be the
> right command for all printers.
>
> If you post the exact model name of the two printers, I'll download the
> tech manuals and take a look. Maybe they need some special command to
> actually do duplex.

I have tried my main printer is a Kyocera (FS-9130DN) they push you
towards printing using their own PRESCRIBE language , but it does use
PCL emulator (set up by the PRESCRIBE command !R!SIR2;EXIT;)

> You could also generate two simple duplex documents with the printers'
> drivers and send them to me. That might allow me to reverse engineer the
> required commands.

I have created the attached from notepad.exe - is there a better way (on
MS)?  I had expected to see the PRESCRIBE code DUPX1 or DUPX2 for long
edge and short edge respectively.

Thanks very much