From Stuart Scott <Stuart.Sc...@countrywide.co.uk>
Subject Calling FOP from a non Java based webpage
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:06:11 GMT
I have been using various versions of FOP over the last few years at
command line level to create PDF's from XSL:FO.

I am not a Java programmer, but I am faced with the challenge of
creating a link inside a web page to call FOP, generate the PDF and
present to the browser either for viewing, printing or for the user to
save.

The web pages will be classic ASP using JavaScript, VBScript, XHTML and
XSLT.

What would be the smartest way to achieve this?  Using Cocoon? Calling a
Java Servlet using AJAX?  I don't want to use .NET if possible.

Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Stuart Scott

For email disclaimer details please click or visit - http://www.countrywideplc.co.uk/disclaimer