From Russell Levy <russl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overflow of fixed block-container
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 01:07:55 GMT

> what you're looking for is essentially the flow-map feature of XSL 1.1,
> I believe. That allows you to define multiple "flow regions" where
> content can flow from one page to the other. Absolutely/fixed positioned
> block-containers can't overflow to the next page. Only block-containers
> with absolute-position="auto" (the default) can do that.
>
> The problem: FOP doesn't implement flow-maps, yet.
>
> - Flow Map Examples: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e7194
> - fo:flow-map: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_flow-map

Hi Jeremy,
I may have a programmer I can assign to help implement flow-maps in FOP if
it's what I'm looking for (depending on the learning curve).
However, after looking at the examples, I'm not sure that's what I'm looking
for. Basically, I am usually generating five one page documents merged into
one PDF (so it's five pages, but they are all separate). Each of these pages
is separated into three parts, split almost evenly vertically down the page.
Sometimes one of these three regions would overflow. If the top region of
page 3 overflowed, I'd want page 4 to be just be the overflowed text. I
wouldn't want it to print otherwise. Currently, I have three
block-containers on the page.