From Dennis van Zoerlandt <dvzoerla...@vanboxtel.nl>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: OutOfMemoryException while transforming large XML to PDF
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:13:22 GMT

Hi Andreas,

Alright, it seems a logical explanation you need a large heap to produce
this kind of large documents.

Font auto detection seems to be off. In the FOP configuration file no
auto-detect flag is present and I also didn't include a manifest file with
x-fonts.

I will look further into modifying the XSL file in a such way multiple
page-sequences are used. I think it's the best solution this far. Am I
correct to say multiple page-sequences won't affect the definitive page
lay-out of the PDF file? How can I split up the content in multiple
page-sequences? I think there's also a modification necessary in the XML
input file?

Another question: is there a reliable way to 'predict' or calculate the page
count the PDF file will have, before any transformation is started? I can
check the file size of the XML input file, but that isn't really reliable
because the complexity of the XSL stylesheet is also a factor. I'm thinking
of aborting the task when the resulting PDF file will have 100+ pages (for
instance). Is this possible?

Best regards,
Dennis van Zoerlandt