From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: block-container with Attribute overflow="hidden" and right-aligned text
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:40:28 GMT
Hi Michael,

Provided that your text is meant to fit on one line, you may want to try
something like this:

    <fo:block-container width="50pt" overflow="hidden"
      border="1pt solid black">
      <fo:block text-align-last="justify"><fo:leader
          leader-length.minimum="0"
          leader-length.optimum="0"
          leader-length.maximum="100%"/>Instandhaltungsrücklage</fo:block>
      <fo:block text-align-last="justify"><fo:leader
          leader-length.minimum="0"
          leader-length.optimum="0"
          leader-length.maximum="100%"/>Kurz</fo:block>
    </fo:block-container>

Basically you put some elastic space at the beginning of the line, that
will push the word against the right margin if it’s short enough, and
reduce to nothing if the word is too long.

HTH,
Vincent