xmlgraphics-fop-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Re: Fop 1.0: resolving relative Font URLs
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:21:14 GMT
  Hi, Ulrich-

I took another look at my configuration and wanted to clarify.  I ended 
up using absolute paths for the embed-urls because the font files were 
in a different directory than the metrics files.

However, I did have to place the <font-base> tag at the top level in the 
configuration file for it to work at all.  I initially located it within 
the <fonts> section without any success but it worked fine when I moved 
it to the top, directly following the <base> tag.

As a test, I copied the font files to the same directory as the metrics 
files and used relative paths for both the metrics files and the font 
files.  No problems.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Terence Bandoian


On 4/13/2011 11:26 AM, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
>  On 4/13/2011 10:54 AM, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
>> On 13 Apr 2011, at 17:33, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ulrich
>>
>>> All I'm doing is replace fop-0.95.jar with fop-1.0.jar and our
>>> application ceases to work.
>> Just a thought: it might be that the font-cache has also changed 
>> slightly between the two versions.
>>
>> Try adding a line to your code like
>>
>>    fopFactory.getFontManager().setUseCache(false);
>>
>> If that works, the more permanent solution would be to delete and 
>> regenerate the font-cache to get everything to work as expected with 
>> 1.0.
>>
>
> Hi, Ulrich-
>
> That matches my experience with 1.0.  Setting font-base works with 
> metric-url but I've used absolute paths for embed-url.
>
> -Terence Bandoian

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org


Mime
View raw message