From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: OutOfMemoryException while transforming large XML to PDF
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:32:17 GMT
On 01 Apr 2011, at 16:47, Eric Douglas wrote:

> I currently only have one fo:page-sequence tag in my xsl.
> How would auto page numbering with fo:page-number work otherwise?

If you do not use the 'initial-page-number' property, the numbering for the next page-sequence
just continues from where the previous one left off. In other words, by default, page-number
does work across page-sequences.

See also: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#initial-page-number

> Is it possible the memory requirements could be reduced for extremely large documents
by adding an option to swap some values out to temp files?  Maybe save information in a file
for each 100 pages?

We already have a '-conserve' option on the command line, that results in pages being serialized
to disk to avoid keeping them in memory, but that would likely not help in this particular
situation. It is meant to be used in conjunction with multiple page-sequences if there are
a lot of cross-references. That is a scenario where even multiple page-sequences might still
consume too much memory for the remainder of the process to run smoothly.

Regards

Andreas
---