From JOSE L MARTINEZ-AVIAL <jlm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fop 0.95: Generation of multiple PDFs on a single template
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:37:23 GMT
Hi,
  We've been using FOP for a while to generate PDFs. Basicallly we generated
a PDF for every one of our customers, so we have developed a procedure to
generate a XML file for each customer, and then we generate the PDF invoking
FOP with the XML and a templated. That's a long process, since we need to
create the XML and invoke FOP for each customer. Is there any way a template
can generated multiple PDF from a single file? IOW, what I've now is the
following:
<XML>
<CUSTOMER>
[...]
</CUSTOMER>

So I would like to have multiple customers on a file:
<XML>
<CUSTOMERS>
<CUSTOMER>
[...]
</CUSTOMER>
<CUSTOMER>
[...]
</CUSTOMER>
<CUSTOMER>
[...]
</CUSTOMER>
</CUSTOMERS>

And pass that file and the template to the FOP engine, and generate a PDF
for each one of the CUSTOMER. Any thoughts on how I can do that?

Thanks

Jose L.