From "Anagnostou, Fotini" <f.anagnos...@i-docs.com>
Subject Find font referenced in pdf
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:27:00 GMT
Hello all!

We are using Apache FOP 1.0 to produce pdf files.

>From time to time the customer complains that they cannot print them.
In order to find out why this happens we send them to the printing company to investigate
the issue.

The answer was that they noticed a font reference to /F1 in the content stream.

Here is a part of the content stream:
1 0 0 -1 0 841.889 cm
0 g
BT
/F1 0 Tf
1 0 0 -1 0 0 Tm ET
0 0 28.346001 5.669 re f
1 0 0 1 586.771 -7.483 cm
8.503 0 0 -2.742 0 10.266 cm /Im2 Do

We do not understand how this font is referenced.
We cannot find this font listed anywhere and the file is binary encoded so we cannot find
it there either..

Is there a way to find which pdf files have a reference to this font so that we have a way
to reproduce it?
Do you know any tool that shows the fonts that are referenced in a pdf?

Regards,

Fotini Anagnostou
Usinf FOP 1.0