From Bogusław Fries <bfr...@dpd.com.pl>
Subject ttf fonts for SVG in debian
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:19:18 GMT
Hi all,

I need some help for svg fonts configuration in debian.

                        <fo:block>

                            <fo:instream-foreign-object>

                                <svg:svg width="4.0mm" height="28mm">

                                    <svg:text x="3" y="0" font-family="Arial" font-size="6px"
writing-mode="tb" glyph-orientation-vertical="90deg">

                                        l:text>Adres doręczenia</xsl:text>

                                    </svg:text>

                                </svg:svg>

                            </fo:instream-foreign-object>

                        </fo:block>

In the configuration file there is:

There is the polish national character "ę". On the PDF is Adres dor#czenia printed. Acrobat
reader shows the Helvetica is embedded instead of Arial.

I am using fop 1.0, batik-all-1.7, xmlgraphics-commons-1.4

I found only one solution but it is not acceptable for our system administrator: I put Arial.ttf
file in /usr/share/fonts and run  fc-chache

When I am using fop 0.95 all is correct without any modification in the operating system.

Thanks & Regards

Bogusław Fries
Senior programmer
DPD Poland