From Michael Rubin <mru...@thunderhead.com>
Subject Re: FOP with embedded font running in Oracle 10g
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:24:03 GMT
´╗┐One thought that comes to mind off the cuff: Since a jar file is a zip
file, and java can extract files from a zip, could your java class
extract the font to a temporary location on the file system, then update
your xconf file to point to the font, then run FOP using the xconf file,
and then afterwards remove the font from its temporary location to tidy up?

Thanks.

-Mike

On 03/06/11 10:03, Flipz-007 wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I need to create Java application which will generate PDF report from given data. This
application needs to be run in Oracle DB 10g environment as a stored procedure.

> The main problem is that I don't know how to configure FOP to use my specific font which
is embedded in application jar as a resource. In Internet there are many examples how to configure
FOP if the font is located on filesystem, but in my case I need to load the font into DB inside
my java archive.

> I searched through the Internet but I didn't find any solution.
> Could you give me any advice please?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Jiri

Michael Rubin