From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: Problems with FOP and image
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:47:59 GMT
See the javadoc on IIORegistry. With ImageIO you may have to register
your handler(s). What does ImageIO.getImageReadersBySuffix() give you.

For certain jpegs we don't use ImageIO, rather the classes in
com.sun.image.codec.jpeg:
         try {
             FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(file);
             JPEGImageEncoder encoder = JPEGCodec.createJPEGEncoder(fos);
             JPEGEncodeParam param =
encoder.getDefaultJPEGEncodeParam(image.getRaster(),
JPEGDecodeParam.COLOR_ID_CMYK);
             param.setQuality(1, false);
             encoder.encode(image.getRaster(), param);
             fos.close();
         } catch (Throwable t) {
             logger.debug(t.getMessage());
         }