From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: Problems since upgrading,
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:02:35 GMT
heavy is not a standard keyword.
If you select the wrong value for the fonts you have loaded it should
log a warning for font replacement.
Keywords translate to specific numbers.
You would want to use the numbers instead of the words to be sure it's
always correct.
They might think light is 200 but your light font has a weight of 100,
or normal 300 / 400 etc.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/fonts.html#font-boldness
Standard keywords are normal (400) and bold (700), and lighter / bolder
(relative to parent).

________________________________

From: Theresa Jayne Forster [mailto:theresa@inbrand.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:46 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Problems since upgrading,

Since upgrading the fop I use from 0.23 to 1.0 I am now getting problems

One of which is that the font designations I used to use are now no
longer possible, and was wondering why this has seemingly changed, and
is there plans to support the method I am used to using?

Before <fo:block font-family="Frutiger" font-style="normal"
font-weight="heavy"/>

Now apparently I need to do weight as a number 700=bold etc

Kindest regards

Theresa Forster

Senior Software Developer